´An year as Exchange Student is not just an year in your life, but it´s your life in a year!´

Arrival in the USA


Hey guys:)

I decided to write in English because I´m here and I really need to practice it! What I´m trying to say is that I have a good School English but since I´m here I realized that I can nothing.:( I can´t expressed myself as in German and that sucks! I wanna say so much to my host family and I´m really trying but I can´t so I feel bad because I like them. So I hope it´ll be better in a few months or hopefully weeks. Btw sorry for my bad English and you need to know that there is a really big difference between writing and speaking.
But that’s not the reason why I´m writing. I just wanna say that I arrived well here in Tacoma. New York was so awesome with so smart people :D But I´ll write about that later when I have more time. I just wanna know you that everything is alright at the moment and that I feel good though I had a little bit homesick today morning. I just hope that I can communicate better with all and that I´ll find friends soon when the school will start. I´m already nervous because it´s in three days. But we´ll see what will happen (I say that sentence very often).

Oh I just found out another interesting fact about writing in Englisch! :D You as well as me can see my development of my English skills but as I told you there´s a big difference between writing and speaking! When I write I´ve more time to think about it but if I speak I haven´t. That’s why I often think:” Shit, why you didn´t say that?” But then the topic is over. At the moment I say very often:” Ah, ok, oh, hahah.” Of course I try to speak more but it’s difficult. I mean, if I speak about feelings and that kind of stuff with the Chinese exchange student it´s ok but if it´s become more specific I´m just like:” Sorry? What? I didn´t understand.” It sucks if you wanna say so much and just want to be funny but in the end it isn´t and nobody got what you tried to say…It´s so different from school! I mean when I was on exchange in Italy or France and need to speak English it wasn´t a problem because you talk about basic stuff and it wasn´t difficult for me but here it´s so different. So I hope it´ll be better soon and all are understanding it.:)


I write soon about the flight, New York and the first days (and maybe the first school days because I don´t know when I´ll have to time).


Have fun:)


0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Design by 'lichtmalerei' | Background by Dave Kellman (Flickr)